1. These Terms of Engagement are the terms by which you instruct us to act upon your behalf in making and managing a claim for financial reimbursement (damages) for the purchase of goods or services not as described or not fit for purpose.
2. Our fees are calculated at 25% of the amount recovered plus VAT as a result of any claim made. For example, on a claim settled for £1,000, Stenfield (NW)'s fee would be £250.00 + VAT. On a claim settled for £3,000 Stenfield (NW)’s fee would be £750.00 + VAT and on a claim settled for £10,000 Stenfield (NW)’s fee would be £2,500 + VAT.
Should your Lender(s) offset any refund against the balance(s) owed by you, or in the event that the compensation is divided between a cash lump sum and a balance write off or damages for consequential loss, our fees will be based on the total amount of compensation awarded. For example, on a claim settled for £1,000 cash lump sum and £1,000 balance write off, our fees would be £500.00 + VAT or, if cash lump sum plus write off and £1,000 for consequential loss (i.e. compensation to make good), our fee would be £750.00 + VAT.
3. Where either the merchant or lender contacts you directly with reference to your claim, then you must inform us immediately in writing and forward any correspondence received directly to us.
4. Where either the merchant or lender makes payment to you directly, then you must inform us immediately in writing so that we can invoice you for the balance of our fee.
5. Our invoice for our fee must be settled within 14 days of the date of invoice.
6. Should the Lender(s) reject your Claim(s) we can refer your Claim(s) to the Financial Ombudsman Service or we have expert solicitors who will conduct any legal proceedings on your behalf, should the need arise with your authority.
7. You hereby provide your authority for us to share all information about your claim with the solicitors and for them to disclose all information regarding your claim to us if required.
8. We hereby provide authority to the solicitors to pay us our fee directly where any reimbursement is paid directly to the solicitors.
9. You have the right to cancel these Terms of Engagement within 14 days of the date of signature upon this agreement. Any notice to cancel must be sent to us by Recorded Delivery at Stenfield (NW) Limited, Suite 1B, Second Floor, West Wing, Rutherford House, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6HZ. Please note if you cancel within 14 days no fees will be charged.
10. After the conclusion of the cancellation period contained in clause 9 you can still ask us to cease providing our services at any time but we will charge you for work completed by us up to the point of cancellation. This will be charged at an hourly rate of £60 per hour or part thereof.